Former Islington amateur Courtenay ready for second pro bout
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Super bantamweight triumphed on pro debut at Copper Box Arena in March
Former Islington amateur Shannon Courtenay will take part in her second professional fight at The O2 on Saturday.
The super bantamweight was victorious on her debut in the paid ranks in March, beating Romania’s Cristina Busuioc on points at the Copper Box Arena.
The 25-year-old will look to follow that up again with another success on a stacked Matchroom show in the capital.
Islington’s unbeaten super welterweight Sam Cox is also booked for action on the card as he looks for a fourth win in the professional ranks.
You may also want to watch:
The 24-year-old was last in action in March when he stopped Bulgarian foe Georgi Andonov in the first round of their clash at York Hall.
Cox has a 100 per cent record since turning pro in July 2017, though his success over Andonov is the only one to come by way of knockout.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
Cox will be aiming to claim another explosive triumph at The O2 this weekend