Islington’s Cox extends contract with Goodwin Boxing
- Credit: Archant
Unbeaten Islington super-flyweight Sam Cox has agreed a contract extension with Goodwin Boxing.
The 25-year-old has won his first five bouts in the professional ranks, with one inside the distance, since making his debut in July 2017.
Both parties are pleased with how their existing arrangements have worked out and are very content to continue in the same vein.
Cox was set to feature on the Josh Kelly v David Avenesyan card at the O2 Arena last month, but the show was cancelled due to the coronavirus pandemic.
He is keen to get back into action when safe to do so and will be focusing on boxing for his first paid title and said: “It was an easy decision to make. Steve and his team have delivered everything they promised since I signed with them.”
You may also want to watch:
A delighted Goodwin added: “I have high hopes for Sam. Once this pandemic is over then we can get him back out and after that, we are hunting for titles.”
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 6 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting