Cricket: Middlesex openers extend contracts
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
England batsman Sam Robson and county opening partner Nick Gubbins have both signed contract extensions with Middlesex, the club has announced.
The duo follow Eoin Morgan, Toby Roland-Jones, Ollie Rayner and Stephen Eskinazi, who all also extended their deals with the county earlier this week.
“I’m delighted to have signed a long-term extension to my contract,” Robson said.
“Whilst being relegated in 2017 was obviously a massive disappointment for us, we’re hopeful this was just a small blip and we can put things right and achieve some success over the next couple of years.
“I’ve always loved Lord’s and am looking forward to the next few years playing for this famous club.”
You may also want to watch:
Gubbins added: “I am absolutely delighted to extend my contract with Middlesex. I joined the club when I was 14 and have experienced some incredible moments with this team and I hope to create many more,” Robson said.
“I am really looking forward to the challenge of getting this club back to where it belongs in Division One and to winning more silverware thereafter.”
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 7 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 8 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension