Cricket: Middlesex openers extend contracts
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
England batsman Sam Robson and county opening partner Nick Gubbins have both signed contract extensions with Middlesex, the club has announced.
The duo follow Eoin Morgan, Toby Roland-Jones, Ollie Rayner and Stephen Eskinazi, who all also extended their deals with the county earlier this week.
“I’m delighted to have signed a long-term extension to my contract,” Robson said.
“Whilst being relegated in 2017 was obviously a massive disappointment for us, we’re hopeful this was just a small blip and we can put things right and achieve some success over the next couple of years.
“I’ve always loved Lord’s and am looking forward to the next few years playing for this famous club.”
You may also want to watch:
Gubbins added: “I am absolutely delighted to extend my contract with Middlesex. I joined the club when I was 14 and have experienced some incredible moments with this team and I hope to create many more,” Robson said.
“I am really looking forward to the challenge of getting this club back to where it belongs in Division One and to winning more silverware thereafter.”
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 4 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 7 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 8 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'