Cricket: Middlesex Women to play first match on main Lord’s ground
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Middlesex Women to play historic fixture next month
Middlesex Women will play on the main Lord’s ground for the first time next month, facing an MCC side captained by Charlotte Edwards.
The Twenty20 match on April 24 will form the centrepiece of MCC’s Women’s Day, which is expected to bring 4,000 schoolchildren to the historic venue.
Edwards, the former England skipper, will be joined by 2017 World Cup winners Sarah Taylor and Georgia Elwiss in the MCC XI.
The match will be streamed live on the Middlesex website.
You may also want to watch:
Middlesex Women’s captain Natasha Miles said: “I am super excited to be leading the Middlesex girls on this momentous occasion on our first outing at Lord’s.
“To have the opportunity to play on such an historic and famous ground, here at the Home of Cricket, is amazing and it’s going to be a really special and memorable day.”
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 8 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 9 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 10 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
Middlesex Women will hope the day is a success and that they can play more games on the main ground in future.