Cricket: Middlesex Women to play first match on main Lord’s ground
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Middlesex Women to play historic fixture next month
Middlesex Women will play on the main Lord’s ground for the first time next month, facing an MCC side captained by Charlotte Edwards.
The Twenty20 match on April 24 will form the centrepiece of MCC’s Women’s Day, which is expected to bring 4,000 schoolchildren to the historic venue.
Edwards, the former England skipper, will be joined by 2017 World Cup winners Sarah Taylor and Georgia Elwiss in the MCC XI.
The match will be streamed live on the Middlesex website.
You may also want to watch:
Middlesex Women’s captain Natasha Miles said: “I am super excited to be leading the Middlesex girls on this momentous occasion on our first outing at Lord’s.
“To have the opportunity to play on such an historic and famous ground, here at the Home of Cricket, is amazing and it’s going to be a really special and memorable day.”
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 5 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 6 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Islington shooting victim named
- 9 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 10 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
Middlesex Women will hope the day is a success and that they can play more games on the main ground in future.