Cricket: North London’s under-11 girls celebrate Lady Taverners Cup triumph
- Credit: Archant
Manager Henry Masterton hailed the performance of the talented young cricketers
North London’s under-11 girls produced a string of strong displays to claim the Lady Taverners Cup over the Bank Holiday weekend.
Six clubs from Middlesex vied for glory in the round-robin competition that eventually saw the hosts, North London, meet Old Actonians in the final.
Excellent fielding and some clever bowling at the death saw North London retain the trophy they won a year ago.
Manager Henry Masterton praised the display of his team, especially from the newcomers in the squad.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “It was a remarkable performance for the girls with no fewer than four players representing North London for the first time.
“The team was ably led by co-captains and county reps, county players Hannah Burridge and Amu Surenkumar and overall they were just too strong for the opposition.”
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 8 'It's crippling us': Islington's theatres and pubs disheartened by lockdown extension
- 9 Islington shooting victim named
- 10 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
North London will now aim to build on this during the rest of the 2018 campaign.