Cricket: North London’s under-11 girls celebrate Lady Taverners Cup triumph
- Credit: Archant
Manager Henry Masterton hailed the performance of the talented young cricketers
North London’s under-11 girls produced a string of strong displays to claim the Lady Taverners Cup over the Bank Holiday weekend.
Six clubs from Middlesex vied for glory in the round-robin competition that eventually saw the hosts, North London, meet Old Actonians in the final.
Excellent fielding and some clever bowling at the death saw North London retain the trophy they won a year ago.
Manager Henry Masterton praised the display of his team, especially from the newcomers in the squad.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “It was a remarkable performance for the girls with no fewer than four players representing North London for the first time.
“The team was ably led by co-captains and county reps, county players Hannah Burridge and Amu Surenkumar and overall they were just too strong for the opposition.”
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
North London will now aim to build on this during the rest of the 2018 campaign.