North London still in the fight for promotion heading into last game
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
North London captain Sam Bardon insists his side are still in the hunt for promotion despite a narrow loss to Southgate in their last game.
Bardon's side head into this Saturday's clash with Middlesex Tamil Sports & Social Club eight points behind Uxbridge in second and with three others also in with a chance of finishing in second, including Saturday's opponents.
The captain scored 79 for his side against Southgate while James Battock hit 54 but scores of 71 and 86 from Michael Stevens and captain Tom Edrich respectively helped to secure the win.
Bardon said: "We are still in it this week. Beating Southgate wouldn't have clinched anything but if we take care of business against Middlesex Tamils then we will see what happens.
"They gave us a bit of a hiding nine weeks ago so we owe them one.
You may also want to watch:
"It was a very close game against Southgate but our bowling wasn't up to its usual standards in the first hour which cost us ultimately."
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 5 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 6 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Islington shooting victim named
- 9 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 10 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington