North London still in the fight for promotion heading into last game
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
North London captain Sam Bardon insists his side are still in the hunt for promotion despite a narrow loss to Southgate in their last game.
Bardon's side head into this Saturday's clash with Middlesex Tamil Sports & Social Club eight points behind Uxbridge in second and with three others also in with a chance of finishing in second, including Saturday's opponents.
The captain scored 79 for his side against Southgate while James Battock hit 54 but scores of 71 and 86 from Michael Stevens and captain Tom Edrich respectively helped to secure the win.
Bardon said: "We are still in it this week. Beating Southgate wouldn't have clinched anything but if we take care of business against Middlesex Tamils then we will see what happens.
"They gave us a bit of a hiding nine weeks ago so we owe them one.
You may also want to watch:
"It was a very close game against Southgate but our bowling wasn't up to its usual standards in the first hour which cost us ultimately."
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 4 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 7 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 8 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 9 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 10 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey