Cricket: North Midd boys land national indoor title
- Credit: Archant
North Middlesex youngsters combined to win a national indoor title in Birmingham at the weekend.
They tied their first match with C&R Hawks, before beating Stoke Newington, Derby Cobras and Attock.
That left them second in their group and set up a final rematch with C&R Hawks, with Joe Cracknell maintaining his fine form with the bat to secure victory and both the man of the match and tournament MVP awards.
North Midd clubmate Luke Hollman shone with bat and ball – on his return from England duty at the under-19 World Cup – and Hugh Teesdale kept things tight with the ball, while batting consistently.
Henry Howeld showed athleticisim in the field, as Ollie Morgan grew in stature throughout the tournament, Laurie Pearce bowled well and Louis Hayward held his own against older players.
You may also want to watch:
Ben Waine and Billy Blyghton completed the squad, as Bruce Hayward and Toby Pearce went along to lend support.
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 3 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 4 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 5 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 6 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 7 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 8 'We will miss you': Tufnell Park's Ruby Violet ice cream parlour to close
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Jeremy Corbyn joins campaign to protect human right Article 25