Cricket: North Midd boys land national indoor title
- Credit: Archant
North Middlesex youngsters combined to win a national indoor title in Birmingham at the weekend.
They tied their first match with C&R Hawks, before beating Stoke Newington, Derby Cobras and Attock.
That left them second in their group and set up a final rematch with C&R Hawks, with Joe Cracknell maintaining his fine form with the bat to secure victory and both the man of the match and tournament MVP awards.
North Midd clubmate Luke Hollman shone with bat and ball – on his return from England duty at the under-19 World Cup – and Hugh Teesdale kept things tight with the ball, while batting consistently.
Henry Howeld showed athleticisim in the field, as Ollie Morgan grew in stature throughout the tournament, Laurie Pearce bowled well and Louis Hayward held his own against older players.
You may also want to watch:
Ben Waine and Billy Blyghton completed the squad, as Bruce Hayward and Toby Pearce went along to lend support.
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 3 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 6 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 7 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 8 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 9 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 10 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view