Cricket: North Middlesex defend Middlesex League T20 title with victory over Ealing
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Middlesex League T20 final: North Middlesex (157-7) beat Ealing (148-9) by nine runs
North Middlesex were able to defend their Middlesex League T20 title with a nine-run win over Ealing in the final.
After being put into bat, North Middlesex were able to make a fast start and reached 49-2 after six overs.
Evan Flowers would eventually top scored with a superb 52 off 34 balls as North Middlesex closed on 157-7, with Ollie Tikare chipping in with an unbeaten 24 off 18.
With the ball, it was Luke Hollman who impressed for North Middlesex as he finished with figures 4-20 to take man of the match honours.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier with the ball, Joel Hughes and skipper Tom Nicoll had applied plenty of pressure to the Ealing batsmen.
It was a third triumph in four years for North Middlesex, who now go forward to represent the county in the South East Area finals later this month.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 5 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 6 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 9 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 10 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
“It was a fantastic day out and thanks to all that came to support,” said skipper Nicoll.
“We have now won this trophy three times in fours years, a remarkable achievement and a huge amount of fun in doing so.”