Cricket: North Middlesex defend Middlesex League T20 title with victory over Ealing
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Middlesex League T20 final: North Middlesex (157-7) beat Ealing (148-9) by nine runs
North Middlesex were able to defend their Middlesex League T20 title with a nine-run win over Ealing in the final.
After being put into bat, North Middlesex were able to make a fast start and reached 49-2 after six overs.
Evan Flowers would eventually top scored with a superb 52 off 34 balls as North Middlesex closed on 157-7, with Ollie Tikare chipping in with an unbeaten 24 off 18.
With the ball, it was Luke Hollman who impressed for North Middlesex as he finished with figures 4-20 to take man of the match honours.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier with the ball, Joel Hughes and skipper Tom Nicoll had applied plenty of pressure to the Ealing batsmen.
It was a third triumph in four years for North Middlesex, who now go forward to represent the county in the South East Area finals later this month.
- 1 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 4 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 7 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 8 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 9 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 10 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
“It was a fantastic day out and thanks to all that came to support,” said skipper Nicoll.
“We have now won this trophy three times in fours years, a remarkable achievement and a huge amount of fun in doing so.”