Cricket: North Middlesex youngsters Luke Hollman and Ethan Bamber to tour South Africa with England Young Lions
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Talented duo to head to southern hemisphere for Tri-Series next month
North Middlesex youngsters Luke Hollman and Ethan Bamber have a busy winter to look forward to after being named in the England Young Lions squad.
The promising duo, who impressed for the North Midds first team throughout the summer, are part of an 18-strong squad that will head to South Africa this November.
There, the youngsters will face the Proteas and Namibia in a Tri-Series in the city of Potchefstroom.
Should Hollman and Bamber impress in South Africa, there is every chance they could make the squad for next year’s Under-19 World Cup in New Zealand, which starts in February.
You may also want to watch:
Adding to the good news for North Midds, fellow first team prospect Joe Cracknell was named Middlesex Young Player of the Year.
Cracknell picked up the award after a stellar season playing for the county’s youth teams and he will look to carry that form into the new year and continue to impress the hierachy at Lord’s.
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 4 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 5 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 8 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn joins campaign to protect human right Article 25
- 10 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'