Cricket: North Middlesex youngsters Luke Hollman and Ethan Bamber to tour South Africa with England Young Lions
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Talented duo to head to southern hemisphere for Tri-Series next month
North Middlesex youngsters Luke Hollman and Ethan Bamber have a busy winter to look forward to after being named in the England Young Lions squad.
The promising duo, who impressed for the North Midds first team throughout the summer, are part of an 18-strong squad that will head to South Africa this November.
There, the youngsters will face the Proteas and Namibia in a Tri-Series in the city of Potchefstroom.
Should Hollman and Bamber impress in South Africa, there is every chance they could make the squad for next year’s Under-19 World Cup in New Zealand, which starts in February.
You may also want to watch:
Adding to the good news for North Midds, fellow first team prospect Joe Cracknell was named Middlesex Young Player of the Year.
Cracknell picked up the award after a stellar season playing for the county’s youth teams and he will look to carry that form into the new year and continue to impress the hierachy at Lord’s.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Islington district suffer heavy defeat to Greenwich in Lester Finch Trophy
- 9 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 10 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition