Cricket; Ton-up Flowers leads MCC to opening tour win
- Credit: Archant
North Middlesex batsman Evan Flowers hit a hundred as the MCC began their tour of south American with an emphatic win.
Facing the Prince of Wales Country Club in Santiago, Chile in the first match of their 15-day trip, the MCC piled up 328-5 from their 30 overs.
They slipped to 68-3, before Flowers put on 163 for the fourth wicket with Doug Mulholland (61).
Flowers was eventually dismissed, stumped, for 109 as MCC reached an imposing total.
And Buckhurst Hill’s Rohan Bhome struck early with the ball in reply, with only nine runs on the board for Prince of Wales.
You may also want to watch:
Wickets continued to fall at regular intervals, with Bhome going on to finish with 5-32 from his six-over spell.
Saffron Walden’s Joe Barrs (2-5) nabbed a cheap brace as Prince of Wales were dismissed for 159 in the 27th over, handing MCC victory by a resounding 169-run margin.
- 1 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 2 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 3 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 4 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 5 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 6 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 7 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 8 Parliament Square demo: Protesters call on government to end cladding crisis
- 9 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 10 Jeremy Corbyn joins campaign to protect human right Article 25
The MCC are also due to play the Chile and Peru national teams, while taking part in training sessions with the Chile women’s team before moving on to Brazil for the second part of their tour.