Cricket; Ton-up Flowers leads MCC to opening tour win
- Credit: Archant
North Middlesex batsman Evan Flowers hit a hundred as the MCC began their tour of south American with an emphatic win.
Facing the Prince of Wales Country Club in Santiago, Chile in the first match of their 15-day trip, the MCC piled up 328-5 from their 30 overs.
They slipped to 68-3, before Flowers put on 163 for the fourth wicket with Doug Mulholland (61).
Flowers was eventually dismissed, stumped, for 109 as MCC reached an imposing total.
And Buckhurst Hill’s Rohan Bhome struck early with the ball in reply, with only nine runs on the board for Prince of Wales.
You may also want to watch:
Wickets continued to fall at regular intervals, with Bhome going on to finish with 5-32 from his six-over spell.
Saffron Walden’s Joe Barrs (2-5) nabbed a cheap brace as Prince of Wales were dismissed for 159 in the 27th over, handing MCC victory by a resounding 169-run margin.
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Islington shooting victim named
- 9 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting
The MCC are also due to play the Chile and Peru national teams, while taking part in training sessions with the Chile women’s team before moving on to Brazil for the second part of their tour.