Crouch End look to get back on track away to leaders Brentham
- Credit: Archant
Hiren Desai’s men lost to Acton last time out and need a response on Saturday
Crouch End need to bounce back at home to Middlesex County League Division Three leaders Brentham this weekend after losing a key fixture last time out.
The Calthorpe club, who were only promoted in 2017, have been in the top two for most of the campaign.
Although they are second, a defeat away to third-placed Acton last Saturday has put the pressure on heading into the fixture with Brentham.
Crouch End failed to excel with the bat last time out and lost by six wickets in a crucial clash with a promotion rival.
You may also want to watch:
Acton won the toss and put the visitors into bat first on Saturday and the away side were quickly reduced to 45-3.
James Jenkins helped start the recovery with 30 and 61 by Jalpesh Vijay enabled Crouch End to go pass 100, but once the wicket-keeper was out they were dismissed for 167.
- 1 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 2 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 3 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
Amandeep Dhaliwal (2-39) and Ryan Cunningham (2-41) made inroads when Acton began their chase, but the hosts got home comfortably and just 10 points separates the two promotion rivals now.