Crouch End’s unbeaten start to life in Division Three ended by Brentham
- Credit: Archant
The new boys lost out in a thriller to another unbeaten side in the league
Crouch End suffered their first defeat in the Middlesex County League Division Three on Saturday at fellow unbeaten side Brentham.
The Calthorpe club went into the contest full of confidence after five victories from their opening six games, but lost a low-scoring thriller.
Hiren Desai’s team could only muster 130 with the bat after they were put in despite 52 from opener Pratik Patel.
It didn’t look like enough runs, but Ryan Cunningham continued his impressive 2018 form with 4-18 from 23 overs.
You may also want to watch:
Amandeep Dhaliwal helped with 2-28 and Brentham went from 121-5 to 124-8 in dramatic fashion, but Crouch End were unable to pick up the last two wickets and lost narrowly.
The division new boys are still second in the table on 51 points and six ahead of third-placed Harrow Town.
- 1 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 5 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 8 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 9 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
Next up for Crouch End is a home fixture against South Hampstead, who are second from bottom with four points.
South Hampstead lost away to Acton on Saturday by 131 runs after they were all out for 118 chasing 250 to win.