Crouch End’s unbeaten start to life in Division Three ended by Brentham
- Credit: Archant
The new boys lost out in a thriller to another unbeaten side in the league
Crouch End suffered their first defeat in the Middlesex County League Division Three on Saturday at fellow unbeaten side Brentham.
The Calthorpe club went into the contest full of confidence after five victories from their opening six games, but lost a low-scoring thriller.
Hiren Desai’s team could only muster 130 with the bat after they were put in despite 52 from opener Pratik Patel.
It didn’t look like enough runs, but Ryan Cunningham continued his impressive 2018 form with 4-18 from 23 overs.
You may also want to watch:
Amandeep Dhaliwal helped with 2-28 and Brentham went from 121-5 to 124-8 in dramatic fashion, but Crouch End were unable to pick up the last two wickets and lost narrowly.
The division new boys are still second in the table on 51 points and six ahead of third-placed Harrow Town.
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 3 Finsbury Park sex assault: Man arrested on suspicion of rape
- 4 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe where you live?
- 5 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 6 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 7 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 8 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn echoes Iain Duncan Smith's call to review £1.2bn incinerator plans
- 10 Hundreds are heirs to an estate and may not even know
Next up for Crouch End is a home fixture against South Hampstead, who are second from bottom with four points.
South Hampstead lost away to Acton on Saturday by 131 runs after they were all out for 118 chasing 250 to win.