Depala helps Crouch End extend lead at summit
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
The Calthorpe club enjoyed an excellent victory over Brondesbury last weekend
Crouch End have opened up a healthy advantage at the top of Middlesex County Division Two after a crucial victory.
Hiren Desai's team welcomed title rivals Brondesbury to Calthorpe on Saturday and triumphed by five wickets.
It moved Crouch End 15 points clear of the visitors, who have now dropped to third in the standings.
Brentham are second and trail the Calthorpe side by 11 points with eight games left in the 2019 season.
You may also want to watch:
Ryan Cunningham starred for Crouch End last weekend with five wickets to restrict Brondesbury to 180-9 from 55 overs despite Sam Smith's 43.
Already at this point it seemed the writing was on the wall for the visitors and Desai's men got over the line in the 42nd over.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 2 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 5 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 8 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 9 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 10 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
Chetan Depala was there at the end unbeaten on 68 after he put on 115 for the fifth wicket with Tom Scallay (54).
Next up for Crouch End is a trip to Enfield - who are in the bottom two - where they will attempt to increase their lead at the top of the table.