Depala helps Crouch End extend lead at summit
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
The Calthorpe club enjoyed an excellent victory over Brondesbury last weekend
Crouch End have opened up a healthy advantage at the top of Middlesex County Division Two after a crucial victory.
Hiren Desai's team welcomed title rivals Brondesbury to Calthorpe on Saturday and triumphed by five wickets.
It moved Crouch End 15 points clear of the visitors, who have now dropped to third in the standings.
Brentham are second and trail the Calthorpe side by 11 points with eight games left in the 2019 season.
You may also want to watch:
Ryan Cunningham starred for Crouch End last weekend with five wickets to restrict Brondesbury to 180-9 from 55 overs despite Sam Smith's 43.
Already at this point it seemed the writing was on the wall for the visitors and Desai's men got over the line in the 42nd over.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 4 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 7 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 8 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
Chetan Depala was there at the end unbeaten on 68 after he put on 115 for the fifth wicket with Tom Scallay (54).
Next up for Crouch End is a trip to Enfield - who are in the bottom two - where they will attempt to increase their lead at the top of the table.