Crouch End sitting pretty in first place ahead of home clash with Harrow Town
- Credit: Archant
The Calthorpe club have enjoyed a fantastic 2018 season to date, but want to maintain their success
Crouch End remain top of the Middlesex County League Division Three after a fine team display at Middlesex Tamil Sports & Social Club.
Hiren Desai’s team travelled there on Saturday with plenty of confidence, but struggled with the bat and were all out for 144.
The leaders collapsed after they had reached 81 for the loss of no wickets and only in-form Jalpesh Vijay could score more than 20 as he hit a superb 69-ball innings of 82.
After a slightly below-par effort with the bat, Crouch End knew they needed a big display in the field and got it from the start.
You may also want to watch:
Middlesex Tamil were soon struggling on 5-4 with Ryan Cunningham and Pratik Patel causing havoc.
The hosts slowly started to recover, but Desai led from the front with 3-18 and was backed up by Patel (2-16) and Cunningham (3-19) while Amandeep Dhaliwal chipped in with 2-0 off 1.3 overs to bowl them out for 64.
- 1 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 2 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting
Crouch End will seek more success on Saturday at home to fifth-placed Harrow Town.