Crouch End sitting pretty in first place ahead of home clash with Harrow Town
- Credit: Archant
The Calthorpe club have enjoyed a fantastic 2018 season to date, but want to maintain their success
Crouch End remain top of the Middlesex County League Division Three after a fine team display at Middlesex Tamil Sports & Social Club.
Hiren Desai’s team travelled there on Saturday with plenty of confidence, but struggled with the bat and were all out for 144.
The leaders collapsed after they had reached 81 for the loss of no wickets and only in-form Jalpesh Vijay could score more than 20 as he hit a superb 69-ball innings of 82.
After a slightly below-par effort with the bat, Crouch End knew they needed a big display in the field and got it from the start.
You may also want to watch:
Middlesex Tamil were soon struggling on 5-4 with Ryan Cunningham and Pratik Patel causing havoc.
The hosts slowly started to recover, but Desai led from the front with 3-18 and was backed up by Patel (2-16) and Cunningham (3-19) while Amandeep Dhaliwal chipped in with 2-0 off 1.3 overs to bowl them out for 64.
- 1 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 2 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 5 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 6 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 7 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 8 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 9 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 10 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
Crouch End will seek more success on Saturday at home to fifth-placed Harrow Town.