Crouch End slump to surprise loss at home to Harrow Town
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Hiren Desai’s team were going for a fourth consecutive victory on Saturday, but lost by 22 runs
Crouch End’s excellent form in the Middlesex County League Division Three came to a surprising end against Harrow Town last weekend.
The Calthorpe club hosted the mid-table side looking to stay in first place and win a fourth consecutive league game, but lost by 22 runs.
Hiren Desai won the toss and put Harrow into bat first and saw the visitors all out for 105 in the 49th over.
Vice-captain Pratik Patel led the way with the ball (5-21) and at this stage, Crouch End looked well on course to pick up another victory.
You may also want to watch:
It didn’t prove to be the case though, as the home side were dismissed for 83 to suffer a shock defeat.
Amandeep Dhaliwal hit 17 off 16 balls and that was the best score by a Crouch End batsmen with only Patel (11) and Desai (13) also making double-figures.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 8 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
The Calthorpe club are now second in the table with 85 points after 11 games – eight behind leaders Brentham.
Crouch End will look to get back to winning ways at home to Wembley on Saturday.