Crouch End keep pace with leaders Brondesbury
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
The Calthorpe-based club secured the bragging rights over local outfit Hornsey last weekend
Crouch End secured a fine win away to rivals Hornsey on Saturday to remain just behind Brondesbury in the Middlesex County Division Two table.
Hiren Desai lost the toss at Tivoli Road and saw the home side bat first, but they were dismissed for 152 in the 49th over of the innings.
Joe Crame scored 55 at the top of the order for Hornsey and Joseph Emanuel added 35 with Ayush Sahota able to hit 24 down the order.
Strong bowling efforts from Ryan Cunningham (4-51) and Pratik Patel (3-40) restricted the hosts and Crouch End had no problems with the bat.
You may also want to watch:
Wicket-keeper Jalpesh Vijay top scored with 64 and 43 not out by fellow opener Dhaval Narotam saw the away side get over the line by eight wickets in the basking sun.
Crouch End, who are three points off the pace-setters Brondesbury in second, host Wycombe House on Saturday eager to register another win.
- 1 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 2 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 3 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 4 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 7 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 8 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 9 Parliament Square demo: Protesters call on government to end cladding crisis
- 10 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
Hornsey make the trip to Brentham eager to rediscover the form they showed during the early weeks of the season.