Perfect Crouch End eye third straight league win
- Credit: Archant
A man of the match display from Pratik Patel helped secure an emphatic win at Enfield last weekend
Crouch End are the only club in the Middlesex County Division Two to boast two wins from two this year.
The new boys, who only came up from Division Three last season, have adapted extremely well to life at a higher level.
After winning a close clash at Brondesbury on the opening day, they backed it up with a superb win at Enfield.
Vice-captain Pratik Patel made 130, scoring 12 fours and four sixes, in a sensational innings with Tom Scollay adding 86 from number four.
You may also want to watch:
It helped Crouch End make it up to 267-5 from their 45 overs and Enfield have no answers in reply at Calthorpe.
Patel continued his stunning day with 4-32, after opening the bowling, and Ryan Cunningham claimed 2-21 as the visitors were 93-6 off 25 overs when rain saw the match finish early.
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 4 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 5 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 8 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn joins campaign to protect human right Article 25
- 10 'We will miss you': Tufnell Park's Ruby Violet ice cream parlour to close
Next up for Crouch End is an away fixture at Osterley where they will aim to keep on track for a third consecutive promotion by winning again on Saturday.