Perfect Crouch End eye third straight league win
- Credit: Archant
A man of the match display from Pratik Patel helped secure an emphatic win at Enfield last weekend
Crouch End are the only club in the Middlesex County Division Two to boast two wins from two this year.
The new boys, who only came up from Division Three last season, have adapted extremely well to life at a higher level.
After winning a close clash at Brondesbury on the opening day, they backed it up with a superb win at Enfield.
Vice-captain Pratik Patel made 130, scoring 12 fours and four sixes, in a sensational innings with Tom Scollay adding 86 from number four.
You may also want to watch:
It helped Crouch End make it up to 267-5 from their 45 overs and Enfield have no answers in reply at Calthorpe.
Patel continued his stunning day with 4-32, after opening the bowling, and Ryan Cunningham claimed 2-21 as the visitors were 93-6 off 25 overs when rain saw the match finish early.
- 1 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 5 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 8 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 9 Letter: Saving green spaces from development
- 10 Islington shooting victim named
Next up for Crouch End is an away fixture at Osterley where they will aim to keep on track for a third consecutive promotion by winning again on Saturday.