Crouch End hoping to back up impressive home win
- Credit: Archant
Hiren Desai’s team will take on South Hampstead this weekend
Crouch End make the trip to lowly South Hampstead on Saturday eager to remain on course for promotion from the Middlesex County League Division Three.
The Calthorpe club are still in second spot and 10 points in front of third in the standings Acton with only 20 left to play for this season.
A win this weekend could all but seal promotion, but Hiren Desai will tell his side not to slip up and take things for granted against the ninth-placed outfit.
Crouch End showed their mettle last Saturday with an excellent win at home to the leaders Brentham.
You may also want to watch:
After being put into bat first, Desai’s men responded with 192-9 from 45 overs with Jalpesh Vijay smashing 61 off 56 balls.
Seetal Patel added 34 not out down the order with 31 by Chetan Depala also helping set a competitive total.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 5 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 Jailed: Businessman bombarded Jeremy Corbyn and other MPs with 'vile' emails
- 8 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
Brentham had few answers in reply and were dismissed for 105 in the 35th over.
Pratik Patel (3-11) and Sejil Ramniclal (3-29) did the main damage to secure a top win.