Crouch End hoping to back up impressive home win
- Credit: Archant
Hiren Desai’s team will take on South Hampstead this weekend
Crouch End make the trip to lowly South Hampstead on Saturday eager to remain on course for promotion from the Middlesex County League Division Three.
The Calthorpe club are still in second spot and 10 points in front of third in the standings Acton with only 20 left to play for this season.
A win this weekend could all but seal promotion, but Hiren Desai will tell his side not to slip up and take things for granted against the ninth-placed outfit.
Crouch End showed their mettle last Saturday with an excellent win at home to the leaders Brentham.
You may also want to watch:
After being put into bat first, Desai’s men responded with 192-9 from 45 overs with Jalpesh Vijay smashing 61 off 56 balls.
Seetal Patel added 34 not out down the order with 31 by Chetan Depala also helping set a competitive total.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 4 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 5 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 6 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 7 Why Arsenal's Leah Williamson is perfect England captain?
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 10 Environment and equality at heart of council leader's new direction for Islington
Brentham had few answers in reply and were dismissed for 105 in the 35th over.
Pratik Patel (3-11) and Sejil Ramniclal (3-29) did the main damage to secure a top win.