After getting back on track, Crouch End seek run of wins to keep up promotion push
- Credit: Archant
The new boys are on course for a second consecutive promotion after defeating Wembley last weekend
Crouch End make the trip to Uxbridge on Saturday in the Middlesex County League Division Three looking to put a run of wins together.
The Calthorpe club bounced back well from losing at home to Harrow Town on July 14 by winning against Wembley last weekend.
Star man Jalpesh Vijay hit a superb 103 to help Crouch End post 209 all out in quick time (34.4 overs).
Dilan Wanniarachchi (26) and Pratik Patel (21) also got starts and the total only just proved enough to give the new boys another victory.
You may also want to watch:
Wembley pushed hard for the win, but were dismissed for 178 in the 52nd over with Ryan Cunningham taking 6-63 off 21 overs.
Amandeep Dhaliwal backed him up with 3-31 to give the north Londoners a 31-run win which keeps them second.
- 1 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 4 Jeremy Corbyn on the fuel poverty crisis
- 5 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 6 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 7 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 8 'Exceptional' heroes granted Islington's highest award, the 'Freedom of the Borough'
- 9 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
- 10 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
Crouch End trail first in the table Brentham by six points ahead of Saturday’s match at sixth-placed Uxbridge.
In the previous meeting, the Calthorpe club won by 74 runs and they will hope for a similar result this weekend.