Cumberland fall to defeat against leaders Hucclecote
- Credit: Archant
Cumberland 45 Hucclecote 61
Cumberland lost 61-45 to Premier League Two leaders Hucclecote in an intense top-of-the-table encounter.
Cumberland were determined to improve on their previous performance against a Hucclecote which featured five players from the Severn Stars of the Vitality Netball Super League.
Coach Polini Langi said: “We made it hard for ourselves at times, but we also produced some high quality netball.
“While we came away with a loss, we improved greatly versus our first-round match against Hucclecote.”
You may also want to watch:
Cumberland only lost the second half by four goals with a strong showing from captain Sophie Croft who shot with 85 per cent accuracy.
Goal shooter Osiro Imoedehe drew praise from assistant coach Amelia Brooks, who said: “She put her body on the line and was the embodiment of being a team player.”
- 1 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 2 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 5 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 6 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 7 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 8 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 9 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 10 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
Despite the defeat, Cumberland were able to remain second in the standings and next face Essex Open on Sunday.