Cumberland beat Telstars to secure promotion
- Credit: Archant
Premier League Two: Cumberland 57 Telstars 41
Cumberland secured promotion to Premier League One for the first time in their history with a 57-41 success at Telstars.
Having only gone up to Premier League Two this season, Cumberland have now won promotion in back-to-back campaigns.
Coach Polini Langi said: “Words can’t express how elated and proud I am of our team, our supporters and our club.
“It’s an outstanding team achievement and it’s time to celebrate!”
You may also want to watch:
Cumberland chairwoman Jo Stevens added “Our coaches Polini and Amelia Brooks and an outstanding team of talented women’s hard work, pure passion and grit enabled for this to happen, and we couldn’t be prouder of their achievement.”
Against Telstars, it was a tightly-fought contest with Cumberland going into the last quarter with a 33-31 lead, and then pulling away to secure the 57-41 win.
- 1 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 2 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
Mich Massany, meanwhile, was named Cumberland’s player of the match for the second week in a row after another strong display.