Cumberland beat Telstars to secure promotion
- Credit: Archant
Premier League Two: Cumberland 57 Telstars 41
Cumberland secured promotion to Premier League One for the first time in their history with a 57-41 success at Telstars.
Having only gone up to Premier League Two this season, Cumberland have now won promotion in back-to-back campaigns.
Coach Polini Langi said: “Words can’t express how elated and proud I am of our team, our supporters and our club.
“It’s an outstanding team achievement and it’s time to celebrate!”
You may also want to watch:
Cumberland chairwoman Jo Stevens added “Our coaches Polini and Amelia Brooks and an outstanding team of talented women’s hard work, pure passion and grit enabled for this to happen, and we couldn’t be prouder of their achievement.”
Against Telstars, it was a tightly-fought contest with Cumberland going into the last quarter with a 33-31 lead, and then pulling away to secure the 57-41 win.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 4 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 7 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 8 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
Mich Massany, meanwhile, was named Cumberland’s player of the match for the second week in a row after another strong display.