Cumberland bounce back with success over Team Bath
- Credit: Archant
Premier League Two: Cumberland 70 Team Bath Toucans 42
Cumberland returned to winning ways in Premier League Two with a 70-42 victory at home to Team Bath Toucans.
After the disappointment of losing by a single goal at Ryland on their previous outing, Cumberland were determined to make amends and did so against Toucans.
Coaches Polini Langi and Amelia Brooks worked the team hard in training ahead of the game, but it paid off with stronger connections throughout the court and pulling together a solid team performance.
“The shooters read off each other well, the mid-court connected brilliantly on the second phase and the defence backed each other for more intercepts,” said Langi.
You may also want to watch:
“It was an epic team performance and I couldn’t have asked for a better fight back from the girls after last week’s disappointing loss.”
Mich Massarany was named Cumberland’s player of the match after an impressive display at goal defence, typified by relentless interceptions.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 9 Islington district suffer heavy defeat to Greenwich in Lester Finch Trophy
- 10 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
Cumberland are next in action at home to Telstars on Saturday