Netball: Cumberland Down rivals to climb to second
- Credit: Archant
Cumberland Netball Club maintained their winning form in Premier League 2 with a 48-41 success against The Downs.
Cheered on by their home supporters, the Islington club had to come from behind to claim a third victory since promotion, which leaves them in second place behind leaders Hucclecote on points difference.
Coach Polini Langi said: “This was the toughest match we’ve had so far and the girls had to dig deep and were pushed to the very end.
“There are a few things to work on, but the team spirit on and off the court is not one of them.”
Michelle Massarany took the Most Valuable Player award for another excellent display, proving instrumental in disrupting the opposition shooters with lots of pressure and interceptions.
You may also want to watch:
Cumberland return to action on Sunday week (October 28) when they travel to Cheltenham to take on Hucclecote in a top of the table clash.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 8 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 9 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
- 10 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox