Netball: Cumberland Down rivals to climb to second
- Credit: Archant
Cumberland Netball Club maintained their winning form in Premier League 2 with a 48-41 success against The Downs.
Cheered on by their home supporters, the Islington club had to come from behind to claim a third victory since promotion, which leaves them in second place behind leaders Hucclecote on points difference.
Coach Polini Langi said: “This was the toughest match we’ve had so far and the girls had to dig deep and were pushed to the very end.
“There are a few things to work on, but the team spirit on and off the court is not one of them.”
Michelle Massarany took the Most Valuable Player award for another excellent display, proving instrumental in disrupting the opposition shooters with lots of pressure and interceptions.
You may also want to watch:
Cumberland return to action on Sunday week (October 28) when they travel to Cheltenham to take on Hucclecote in a top of the table clash.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 3 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 9 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 10 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'