Cumberland get back to winning ways
- Credit: Archant
Cumberland Netball club have gone back to their winning ways with a hard-fought win against Essex Open, bouncing back after a loss to top of the table Hucclecote last week.
It was a tough 60-minute match, with Cumberland needing to fight until the end to win 42 – 36.
Coach Pollini said: “Essex were competitive all the way.
“The Cumberland girls dug deep in the second half forcing turnovers and converting some brilliant shots.”
The most valuable player (MVP) award went to England under-19 international Kira Rothwell who had a blinder at GA.
You may also want to watch:
The win means Cumberland are currently third on the table with 20 points in Premier League 2.
Cumberland’s next game is against Ryland at home on Sunday (10.30am) at City University Sport The Franklin Building.
- 1 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 2 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 3 Islington Council backtracks on promise to save mulberry tree
- 4 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 5 Primary school allowed to keep floodlights despite complaints
- 6 Tollington by-election imminent as Richard Watts joins Khan's 'top team'
- 7 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
- 8 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 9 Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall visits the Whittington Hospital
- 10 Historic pub The Cuckoo ready to welcome locals inside after refurbishment