Cumberland get back to winning ways
- Credit: Archant
Cumberland Netball club have gone back to their winning ways with a hard-fought win against Essex Open, bouncing back after a loss to top of the table Hucclecote last week.
It was a tough 60-minute match, with Cumberland needing to fight until the end to win 42 – 36.
Coach Pollini said: “Essex were competitive all the way.
“The Cumberland girls dug deep in the second half forcing turnovers and converting some brilliant shots.”
The most valuable player (MVP) award went to England under-19 international Kira Rothwell who had a blinder at GA.
You may also want to watch:
The win means Cumberland are currently third on the table with 20 points in Premier League 2.
Cumberland’s next game is against Ryland at home on Sunday (10.30am) at City University Sport The Franklin Building.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 5 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 8 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 9 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 10 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers