Cumberland get back to winning ways
- Credit: Archant
Cumberland Netball club have gone back to their winning ways with a hard-fought win against Essex Open, bouncing back after a loss to top of the table Hucclecote last week.
It was a tough 60-minute match, with Cumberland needing to fight until the end to win 42 – 36.
Coach Pollini said: “Essex were competitive all the way.
“The Cumberland girls dug deep in the second half forcing turnovers and converting some brilliant shots.”
The most valuable player (MVP) award went to England under-19 international Kira Rothwell who had a blinder at GA.
You may also want to watch:
The win means Cumberland are currently third on the table with 20 points in Premier League 2.
Cumberland’s next game is against Ryland at home on Sunday (10.30am) at City University Sport The Franklin Building.
- 1 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 2 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 3 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020