Netball: Cumberland off to winning start in National Premier League
- Credit: Archant
Newly promoted Cumberland started their National Premier League season in style with a 50-37 win over Clan at Wycombe Leisure Centre.
And head coach Polini Langi was delighted to see the side adjust to a higher level of play so well in their opening match.
Langi said: “I couldn’t be happier with the start to our season as a newly promoted team to Premier League 2.
“It was an epic team performance on and off the court, featuring dominant defence and slick attack, but we need to continue our hard work to ensure we secure our position in Premier 2.”
Debutant Michelle Massarany (below) was named Most Valuable Player for a steller performance at goal defence, while England under-19 player Kira Rothwell also featured for Cumberland.
You may also want to watch:
The Islington team are back on the road on Sunday September 30, when take on recently demoted Oaksway.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller