Netball: Cumberland off to winning start in National Premier League
- Credit: Archant
Newly promoted Cumberland started their National Premier League season in style with a 50-37 win over Clan at Wycombe Leisure Centre.
And head coach Polini Langi was delighted to see the side adjust to a higher level of play so well in their opening match.
Langi said: “I couldn’t be happier with the start to our season as a newly promoted team to Premier League 2.
“It was an epic team performance on and off the court, featuring dominant defence and slick attack, but we need to continue our hard work to ensure we secure our position in Premier 2.”
Debutant Michelle Massarany (below) was named Most Valuable Player for a steller performance at goal defence, while England under-19 player Kira Rothwell also featured for Cumberland.
You may also want to watch:
The Islington team are back on the road on Sunday September 30, when take on recently demoted Oaksway.
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 3 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 7 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 8 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’