Derby delight for North Middlesex
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
North Middlesex claimed all 12 points against local rivals Hampstead to maintain their strong position in the Middlesex League Premier Division.
They lost early wickets to slump to 13-2, before James Parslow and Evan Flowers shared a 151-run partnership for the third wicket.
Flowers was caught for 73, but Parslow made a game changing 82 before he was run out by Will Roberts.
Captain Tom Nicoll and Rob Farenheim both contributed with the bat, but North Middlesex failed to capitalise and were all out for 280 from their 62 overs.
Opening bowler Joel Hughes made early inroads in Hampstead’s reply, trapping Garth Davson lbw for nine, and George Adair was given out for obstructing the field on 32.
You may also want to watch:
Some strong batting from the middle order put the hosts in contention, but Nicoll and Luke Hollman hit back with seven wickets between them as Hampstead fell 63 runs short and suffered a fifth straight league defeat.
- 1 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 2 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 3 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 4 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 5 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 8 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 9 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 10 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild