Derby delight for North Middlesex
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
North Middlesex claimed all 12 points against local rivals Hampstead to maintain their strong position in the Middlesex League Premier Division.
They lost early wickets to slump to 13-2, before James Parslow and Evan Flowers shared a 151-run partnership for the third wicket.
Flowers was caught for 73, but Parslow made a game changing 82 before he was run out by Will Roberts.
Captain Tom Nicoll and Rob Farenheim both contributed with the bat, but North Middlesex failed to capitalise and were all out for 280 from their 62 overs.
Opening bowler Joel Hughes made early inroads in Hampstead’s reply, trapping Garth Davson lbw for nine, and George Adair was given out for obstructing the field on 32.
You may also want to watch:
Some strong batting from the middle order put the hosts in contention, but Nicoll and Luke Hollman hit back with seven wickets between them as Hampstead fell 63 runs short and suffered a fifth straight league defeat.
- 1 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 2 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 3 Islington shooting victim named
- 4 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 7 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 8 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 9 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting