Derbyshire v Middlesex: Robson wants to fight back
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Middlesex captain Sam Robson admits his side are up against it in their County Championship Division Two match at Derbyshire.
They trail by 226 runs, with the hosts having all of their second innings wickets intact heading into Sunday’s third day of action.
Middlesex were dismissed for 157 in reply to Derbyshire’s 265, then saw their rivals reach 118 without loss by the close on Saturday.
Robson said: “It’s been a tough couple of days and I think we’ve been outplayed both days with bat and ball.
“It’s been disappointing and we’ve got to try and fight our way back.
You may also want to watch:
“I think the batters have shown as they did in the afternoon that you can put the bad ball away. I think we did a reasonable job and we stuck at it, we were committed and good in the field so it’s not like we threw it away but obviously they are on top.”
John Simpson (32) top scored in Middlesex’s first innings, with Duanne Olivier (4-26) the pick of Derbyshire’s bowling.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 7 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 8 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 9 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 10 'We will miss you': Tufnell Park's Ruby Violet ice cream parlour to close
Olivier said: “Of course, I’m very happy and I think it was a good bowling performance all-round, we worked extremely hard.
“It put us in a good position and then the batters played freely and we are a step ahead in the game.
“Obviously you want to start off well and there is an expectation when you come here. You want to do well for the club and now we are in a great position to dictate the game.”