Swimming: Anaconda’s Donovan impresses on London duty
- Credit: Archant
Anaconda youngster Tommy Donovan swam for London at the Dave Mccaullagh International Open in Bangor, Northern Ireland.
The 17-year-old from Tufnell Park was picked after a fine display at the Winter Championships in November and competed in four events.
He finished fifth in the 50m breaststroke final in 30.27, third in the B finals of the 100m breaststroke (1.08.08) and 100m butterfly (59.15) and fifth in the 50m butterfly (26.88).
He said: “I’m pleased that I qualified for finals in all of my events and although I wasn’t on my personal bests I’m very happy I swam faster in the evening finals.
“I’ve been struggling with niggling injuries so my training hasn’t been great. I wanted to see how I’d cope against strong competition in a long-course pool.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m reasonably happy with my performance and enjoyed the experience of representing London.”
Donovan is set for a warm weather camp in Italy next month and is also due to compete at the British Championships in Glasgow.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 5 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 8 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 9 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 10 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers