Double gold for Islington brothers at British Championships
- Credit: Archant
Islington brothers Liam and Luca Veras both brought home two gold medals from the BKF British Four Nations Championships in Glasgow.
The boys, who attend Sacred Heart RC School and train at the Veras Academy headed by their father Raphael, joined forces to win the mixed pairs team kata event (7-9 years).
Liam also claimed the British title in the boys’ individual kata (8 years), with Luca triumphing in the equivalent category for seven-year-olds.
And there was also a gold medal for their mother Patricia Perote in the women’s kumite Over-35 section, rounding off a successful tournament for the family and the academy.
A trio of 10-year-olds from the academy – Emre Oner, Luan Veras and Lulu Brown – also competed in Glasgow, but were unable to add further medals.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about Veras Academy, who hold training sessions at venues near Caledonian Road and Essex Road, visit www.verasacademy.co.uk.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
- 10 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother