Double gold for Islington brothers at British Championships
- Credit: Archant
Islington brothers Liam and Luca Veras both brought home two gold medals from the BKF British Four Nations Championships in Glasgow.
The boys, who attend Sacred Heart RC School and train at the Veras Academy headed by their father Raphael, joined forces to win the mixed pairs team kata event (7-9 years).
Liam also claimed the British title in the boys’ individual kata (8 years), with Luca triumphing in the equivalent category for seven-year-olds.
And there was also a gold medal for their mother Patricia Perote in the women’s kumite Over-35 section, rounding off a successful tournament for the family and the academy.
A trio of 10-year-olds from the academy – Emre Oner, Luan Veras and Lulu Brown – also competed in Glasgow, but were unable to add further medals.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about Veras Academy, who hold training sessions at venues near Caledonian Road and Essex Road, visit www.verasacademy.co.uk.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller