Dubois ruled out of Cojanu clash with flu
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Islington
Former Islington amateur Daniel Dubois has been forced to withdraw from his bout against Razvan Cojanu on Saturday with flu.
The heavyweight hope had been matched with the Romanian former world title challenger in a bout that topped a Frank Warren show, which will still be shown live on BT Sport.
In Dubois’ most recent fight, the 21-year-old was taken the distance for the first time in his career by veteran American Kevin Johnson.
Dubois dominated the bout against Johnson and did not lose a single round on his way to securing a comprehensive points win.
You may also want to watch:
*Islington light welterweight Louis Isaacs will be looking for a fourth straight win in the professional ranks when he faces Jamie Quinn at York Hall on Saturday.
The unbeaten 21-year-old was last in action in October when he beat Mohamed Mahmoud on points at the Tottenham Green Pools & Fitness Centre.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 4 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 5 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 6 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 7 Why Arsenal's Leah Williamson is perfect England captain?
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 10 Environment and equality at heart of council leader's new direction for Islington
Against Quinn, Isaacs will face a foe who will be in his 80th bout as a pro, though one who has lost 73 of his previous 79 fights.