Dubois ruled out of Cojanu clash with flu
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Islington
Former Islington amateur Daniel Dubois has been forced to withdraw from his bout against Razvan Cojanu on Saturday with flu.
The heavyweight hope had been matched with the Romanian former world title challenger in a bout that topped a Frank Warren show, which will still be shown live on BT Sport.
In Dubois’ most recent fight, the 21-year-old was taken the distance for the first time in his career by veteran American Kevin Johnson.
Dubois dominated the bout against Johnson and did not lose a single round on his way to securing a comprehensive points win.
You may also want to watch:
*Islington light welterweight Louis Isaacs will be looking for a fourth straight win in the professional ranks when he faces Jamie Quinn at York Hall on Saturday.
The unbeaten 21-year-old was last in action in October when he beat Mohamed Mahmoud on points at the Tottenham Green Pools & Fitness Centre.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 5 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 Jailed: Businessman bombarded Jeremy Corbyn and other MPs with 'vile' emails
- 8 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 9 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
Against Quinn, Isaacs will face a foe who will be in his 80th bout as a pro, though one who has lost 73 of his previous 79 fights.