Dubois ready to make impact against Cojanu in first fight of year
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Islington
Former Islington amateur Daniel Dubois will fight for the first time this year when he competes on a Frank Warren show at the Royal Albert Hall on Friday.
The talented 21-year-old takes on Romania’s Razvan Cojanu, who Dubois was due to meet in December before a bout of flu for the Brit saw the fight postponed.
The heavyweight hope has won all nine of his professional fights to date, with eight of his victories coming by way of knockout.
“The chance to fight at the Royal Albert Hall is a huge thrill for me,” said hard-hitting Dubois.
You may also want to watch:
“I am aware that many of the greats of British heavyweight boxing have fought at this venue, like Henry Cooper, Frank Bruno and Lennox Lewis and I can’t wait to step into the ring.”
*Former Islington amateur Mo Gharib returned to winning ways as he beat Hereford rival Dean Evans at York Hall last Saturday.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 3 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 9 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 10 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
The 26-year-old Gharib was declared winner of the competitive lightweight bout on points.