Dubois keen to add English heavyweight title to Southern Area strap
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
‘Dynamite’ competes on a busy Frank Warren bill at The O2 on Saturday
Former Islington amateur Daniel Dubois will look to add the English heavyweight title to his Southern Area belt he returns to the ring on Saturday.
‘Dynamite’ faces Hatfield rival Tom Little at The O2 on Saturday night on a busy Frank Warren show headlined by the WBC silver middleweight title bout between Martin Murray and Roberto Garcia.
Dubois was last in action in February when he stopped DL Jones in the third round at York Hall to defend his Southern Area title.
The victory over Jones saw the 20-year-old extend his perfect start to his pro career, with Dubois having recorded seven knockouts wins from seven bouts.
You may also want to watch:
‘Dynamite’ will look to make that eight straight success this weekend when he takes on Little.
The Hatfield man has won 10 of his 15 bouts as a pro, though was stopped in the fourth round by Filip Hrgovic in the Latvian capital of Riga on his most recent outing in January.
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 3 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 4 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 5 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 8 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 9 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 10 Eidevall says Arsenal put 'pressure on themselves' to deliver in big games