Dubois keen to add English heavyweight title to Southern Area strap
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
‘Dynamite’ competes on a busy Frank Warren bill at The O2 on Saturday
Former Islington amateur Daniel Dubois will look to add the English heavyweight title to his Southern Area belt he returns to the ring on Saturday.
‘Dynamite’ faces Hatfield rival Tom Little at The O2 on Saturday night on a busy Frank Warren show headlined by the WBC silver middleweight title bout between Martin Murray and Roberto Garcia.
Dubois was last in action in February when he stopped DL Jones in the third round at York Hall to defend his Southern Area title.
The victory over Jones saw the 20-year-old extend his perfect start to his pro career, with Dubois having recorded seven knockouts wins from seven bouts.
You may also want to watch:
‘Dynamite’ will look to make that eight straight success this weekend when he takes on Little.
The Hatfield man has won 10 of his 15 bouts as a pro, though was stopped in the fourth round by Filip Hrgovic in the Latvian capital of Riga on his most recent outing in January.
- 1 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 2 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 Letters: Fighting to keep Wray Crescent Park available to all
- 5 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 6 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 7 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhood scheme
- 8 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 9 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 10 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo