Dubois to face Johnson in October
- Credit: Archant
The latest boxing news from Islington
Former Islington amateur Daniel Dubois will return to the ring on October 6 when he faces American rival Kevin Johnson at the Leicester Arena.
The talented 20-year-old has won all eight of his pro fights to date, with all successes coming through stoppages.
Against Johnson, Dubois will come up against a rival who went the distance against Vitali Klitschko for the WBC world heavyweight title in 2009, but lost on points.
The fight in Leicester will not be the first time ‘Kingpin’ has ventured to the United Kingdom to fight.
You may also want to watch:
The 38-year-old’s last three trips to the UK have seen him face Anthony Joshua, Dereck Chisora and Tyson Fury – and all three bouts saw Johnson beaten.
Dubois, known as ‘Dynamite’, will hope to be the latest Brit to beat Johnson as the talented youngster looks to continue his progress up the rankings.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
The fight takes place on a Frank Warren promotion.