Dubois to face Johnson in October
- Credit: Archant
The latest boxing news from Islington
Former Islington amateur Daniel Dubois will return to the ring on October 6 when he faces American rival Kevin Johnson at the Leicester Arena.
The talented 20-year-old has won all eight of his pro fights to date, with all successes coming through stoppages.
Against Johnson, Dubois will come up against a rival who went the distance against Vitali Klitschko for the WBC world heavyweight title in 2009, but lost on points.
The fight in Leicester will not be the first time ‘Kingpin’ has ventured to the United Kingdom to fight.
You may also want to watch:
The 38-year-old’s last three trips to the UK have seen him face Anthony Joshua, Dereck Chisora and Tyson Fury – and all three bouts saw Johnson beaten.
Dubois, known as ‘Dynamite’, will hope to be the latest Brit to beat Johnson as the talented youngster looks to continue his progress up the rankings.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 3 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 4 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Jailed: Businessman bombarded Jeremy Corbyn and other MPs with 'vile' emails
- 9 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 10 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
The fight takes place on a Frank Warren promotion.