Dubois faces difficult test against Johnson
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Islington
Ex-Islingon amateur Daniel Dubois looks for a ninth straight win in the paid ranks when he faces Kevin Johnson at the Leicester Arena on Saturday.
The 21-year-old heavyweight has swept all before him since turning professional in 2017, with all eight of his bouts ending in knockout wins.
The man known as ‘Dynamite’ goes in search of another explosive triumph on a Frank Warren bill this weekend.
In Johnson, though, Dubois faces his most dangerous opponent to date with the American having previously fought for a world title.
You may also want to watch:
The experienced American is no stranger to fighting British opponents, having previously taken on Anthony Joshua, Tyson Fury and Dereck Chisora.
All of those bouts, though, ended in defeat for the 33-year-old and Dubois will hope that is also the case on Saturday.
- 1 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 2 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 3 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
* Unbeaten Islington lightweight Louis Isaacs chases a third pro win on a Goodwin show at the Tottenham Green Baths on Saturday.