Dubois faces difficult test against Johnson
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Islington
Ex-Islingon amateur Daniel Dubois looks for a ninth straight win in the paid ranks when he faces Kevin Johnson at the Leicester Arena on Saturday.
The 21-year-old heavyweight has swept all before him since turning professional in 2017, with all eight of his bouts ending in knockout wins.
The man known as ‘Dynamite’ goes in search of another explosive triumph on a Frank Warren bill this weekend.
In Johnson, though, Dubois faces his most dangerous opponent to date with the American having previously fought for a world title.
You may also want to watch:
The experienced American is no stranger to fighting British opponents, having previously taken on Anthony Joshua, Tyson Fury and Dereck Chisora.
All of those bouts, though, ended in defeat for the 33-year-old and Dubois will hope that is also the case on Saturday.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 5 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 6 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 7 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 8 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 9 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 10 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
* Unbeaten Islington lightweight Louis Isaacs chases a third pro win on a Goodwin show at the Tottenham Green Baths on Saturday.