Dubois defeats Lartey to maintain unbeaten record
- Credit: Archant
The latest boxing news from Islington
Former Islington amateur Daniel Dubois racked up his 11th straight win as a professional with a dominant fourth-round stoppage of Richard Lartey.
The pair met on a packed Frank Warren card at the Wembley Arena on Saturday night.
In something of a slugfest, the two boxers went at each other from the off which led to an exciting battle.
A tremendous left punch followed by a right hook from Dubois sent Lartey crashing to the canvas in the fourth, with referee Bob Williams calling the fight off.
You may also want to watch:
The 21-year-old is in line to face either Nathan Gorman or Joe Joyce next in a mouthwatering clash over the summer.
On the same bill, former Times amateur Zak Chelli beat super middleweight rival Jimmy Smith on points.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 7 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 8 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
The 21-year-old demonstrated the faster hand-speed and was landing punches from all angles on his way to a solid success to take his record to seven wins.