Early goals set up success for Chapel Youth
- Credit: Archant
A flurry of early goals set Chapel Youth Under-10s on their way to a comfortable 4-0 victory against The Heath in the Camden & Islington League.
Zion Abbott, Koby Walters and the prolific Robbie Brown all found the net inside the opening 15 minutes to give Chapel a 3-0 advantage.
Chapel continued to pile on the pressure in the second half and captain Mason McBride added a fourth goal, while solid defending at the other end ensured a clean sheet.
Zak Miles scored twice as A Class Under-15s completed a 5-0 rout of Crown & Manor – who had held them to a draw earlier in the season.
Defender Frankie Chandler matched Miles by taking the ball from one end of the pitch to the other to score, while Dylan Bolister and Michael Copus added further goals for A Class.
You may also want to watch:
A brace of spectacular free-kicks from Harvey Williams steered Angel Islington Under-12s into the semi-finals of the Cheshunt Youth League Cup with a 3-2 win at Chettle Court.
Chettle Court took the lead before Williams smashed a 20-yard free-kick into the top corner – and he then repeated the trick to put Angel 2-1 up.
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 'It's crippling us': Islington's theatres and pubs disheartened by lockdown extension
- 8 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 9 Islington shooting victim named
- 10 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
Julian Sarmiento extended Angel’s advantage and, although Chettle Court pulled a goal back, an excellent defensive display from man of the match Jack Ewens snuffed out their hopes of an equaliser.
Man of the match Peter Angelov scored one goal and supplied assists for two more as Angel Islington Under-10s romped to a 5-1 victory over Lea Valley United.
Albert Nisse scored twice for Angel, with Casey Christou and Ian Noseda also on the scoresheet.
Michael Copus netted his first league goal of the season as A Class Under-15s held off Norseman to triumph in a close game.
Zak Miles was also on target for A Class, while Frankie Chandler turned in an impressive defensive display. Norseman pulled a goal back a minute before the end.