EC1 boys find it pays to be Picchi
Lorenzo Picchi snatched a late winner as EC1 Under-11s came from behind to clinch a 2-1 victory over AC United in the Camden & Islington Youth League.
United went ahead early in the second half, but a stunning free-kick from Percy Winter levelled the scores and, in the closing stages, Picchi beat two defenders before slotting home.
Ellis Swift-Harris and Ronnie Hughes both scored twice, with Kamal Bannerman-Thompson also on target as EC1 Youth Under-12s kept up their run of form with a 5-1 victory over The Hill.
A trio of players all registered braces for Angel Islington Under-nines as they hammered hapless Futebol de Salao 7-1.
Billy Osborn, Teddy Shields and Harry Merchant all found the net twice for Angel, while Will Reilly opened his account for the season from the penalty spot.
You may also want to watch:
Dylan Bolister bagged a double as A Class Under-15s defeated Islington Admiral to record their second successive 3-0 win.
Cy Samuel-Clarke fired into the bottom corner to complete the scoring as A Class built on their previous 3-0 victory against Isledon Wolves, when Zak Miles (2) and Joe White got their names on the scoresheet.
- 1 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 4 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 5 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 6 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 7 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 8 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 9 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
Man of the match Bassam Menhal netted the only goal of the game with a superb second-half strike for Isledon Wolves Under-15s against Somers Town.