EC1 boys find it pays to be Picchi
Lorenzo Picchi snatched a late winner as EC1 Under-11s came from behind to clinch a 2-1 victory over AC United in the Camden & Islington Youth League.
United went ahead early in the second half, but a stunning free-kick from Percy Winter levelled the scores and, in the closing stages, Picchi beat two defenders before slotting home.
Ellis Swift-Harris and Ronnie Hughes both scored twice, with Kamal Bannerman-Thompson also on target as EC1 Youth Under-12s kept up their run of form with a 5-1 victory over The Hill.
A trio of players all registered braces for Angel Islington Under-nines as they hammered hapless Futebol de Salao 7-1.
Billy Osborn, Teddy Shields and Harry Merchant all found the net twice for Angel, while Will Reilly opened his account for the season from the penalty spot.
You may also want to watch:
Dylan Bolister bagged a double as A Class Under-15s defeated Islington Admiral to record their second successive 3-0 win.
Cy Samuel-Clarke fired into the bottom corner to complete the scoring as A Class built on their previous 3-0 victory against Isledon Wolves, when Zak Miles (2) and Joe White got their names on the scoresheet.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
Man of the match Bassam Menhal netted the only goal of the game with a superb second-half strike for Isledon Wolves Under-15s against Somers Town.