Eisa scores twice as Regent Rovers win second cup final
- Credit: Archant
Abo Eisa followed up his Islington Gazette Cup final hat-trick with a double as Regent Rovers beat Islington Admiral United 3-0 to secure their second trophy of the season.
Eisa – who had netted all three goals in his side’s 3-1 victory over Regent’s FC – made do with a brace against Admiral after Peter Panayiotou had scored the opener.
Panayiotou broke the deadlock on the half-hour with a deflected shot that crept just over the line – and then set up Eisa, who rifled a left-foot drive into the top corner just before the interval.
Rovers never looked likely to let their advantage slip and Eisa confirmed their second piece of silverware in successive weeks when he evaded his marker and slotted home the third goal late on.
“It was another great night,” said Rovers chairman Shaun Banham. “To beat a team like Admiral 3-0 in a final is a fantastic achievement, especially after they did the double over us in the league.
You may also want to watch:
“With two trophies and a potential third place finish, this is our best season, a massive credit to the hard work of manager Andy Byrne.”
Rovers are in Premier Division action on Thursday, when they take on West End at Market Road (kick-off 6pm) – while champions Regent’s make their second attempt to add a cup to their league title.
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 4 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 5 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 8 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn joins campaign to protect human right Article 25
- 10 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
They face Division One side Clocktower in the final of the Ken Doherty Memorial Cup (8pm).