Ex-Islington amateur Dubois chases more success against Lartey
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Islington middleweight Billy Underwood also in action this weekend
Former Islington amateur Daniel Dubois returns to the ring on Saturday when he tops the bill on a Frank Warren show at the SSE Wembley Arena.
The 21-year-old is due to face Ghana’s Richard Lartey, with Dubois aiming to rack up his 10th win in the paid ranks.
The heavyweight hope was last in action at the Royal Albert Hall in March when he stopped former world title challenger Razvan Cojanu in the second round of their contest.
Since turning professional in April 2017, Dubois has steadily built a name for himself as one of the best young heavyweight talents around.
You may also want to watch:
But the man known as ‘Dynamite’ knows his reputation would be left in tatters with a defeat.
Elsewhere, Islington middleweight Billy Underwood puts his unbeaten record on the line against Genadij Krajevski on a MTK Global show at York Hall on Friday with the Brit looking for a third straight win.
- 1 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 2 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 3 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 4 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
- 5 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 6 Tony Blair joins celebration to mark 101 years of Highbury Catholic church
- 7 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
- 8 'Help! I found a lizard in my luggage after my holiday'
- 9 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 10 Run Kids Run: Huge fun run raises £40,000 for Islington primary schools