FC Unity boys shine in league and cup
- Credit: Archant
Goals from Elijah Whyte, Nicholas Tosta and Kieran Collymore earned Unity FC Under-nines a 3-1 win against Eastern Avenue in the Camden & Islington League.
Lucas Bell-Lara and Akinloye Abisogun both impressed in defence for Unity, while Matteo Pablo Salazar performed well in goal during the second half.
The Under-nines also competed in the Cally All-Stars Cup at Market Road, where they finished with runners-up medals.
After going five matches undefeated, Unity overcame a strong Angel Islington side 3-0 in the semi-finals, but they were unable to repeat that result against ISS and went down 1-0.
Dominic Curren’s free-kick was the pick of the goals as Unity Under-15s ran out comfortable 3-0 winners in their clash with Admiral.
You may also want to watch:
Curren opened the scoring before further goals from Harry Charie and Joe Manual made the game safe, while Unity goalkeeper Jordan Aloye produced some fine stops to preserve a clean sheet.
Rees Jones struck a double for Unity Under-13s in a 4-0 victory against Cricklewood to maintain their unbeaten record and keep them in the mix at the top of the league.
- 1 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 5 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 8 Letter: Saving green spaces from development
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
Malachi Pennant and Emmanuel Makaya were also on target for Unity, with goalkeeper Cameron Saunders completing another shut-out.