Football: Best yet for Islington & Camden boys
- Credit: Archant
Islington & Camden under-13 boys produced their best display of the season to beat Havering 4-2 in the English Schools’ Trophy.
Sammy Djilli got them off to a fine start, swapping passes with Billy Osborn before firing into the bottom corner.
Osborn made it 2-0, latching on to a through ball and rounding the keeper to smash into the empty net.
Havering hit back just before half-time and the second half was end to end with both keepers making decent saves.
I&C made it 3-1 when Shirley found Osborn in the box to beat a defender and the keeper from close range,
You may also want to watch:
Coleman Miles was free in the six-yard box to volley home, before Havering got a late consolation. Harrison Bull was man of the match as I&C reached the last 16.
Marc Stocking said: “The boys were amazing from the very first whistle. They didn’t let Havering play, our shape was good and the passing was exactly what we have been working on.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 2 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 7 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 8 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
“The first 25 minutes was as good a performance as I have seen at this level, the boys should be very proud of themselves and we look forward to the next game.”