Football: Essex Road Giants get Five Guys treat
- Credit: Archant
The Essex Road Giants under-11 team had to settle for runners-up medals in the Islington & Camden League’s Challenge Cup final at Market Road.
But they were then treated to a free meal at Five Guys in Islington for getting through to their first final, having only been formed in September.
Beaten 3-2 in their big match, the squad were given complimentary fries and milkshakes by the restaurant to celebrate their achievements in their debut season.
A club spokesperson said: “The boys worked hard and gave 100 per cent at all times. They will continue to train hard and come back fighting for next season.
“Without the support of the Five Guys staff and management team we wouldn’t have been able to celebrate their hard work and achievement.
You may also want to watch:
“Coaches Lewis Yeboah and Ryan Hassan work hard to help each player reach their potential and build their confidence on and off the pitch. They’ve achieved so much.”
Squad: Mason Reefer-Jones, Rhys THomas, Devine Samuel, Samuel Opoku, Lucas Garcia, Jude Ikomoni, Sidney Tucker-Venitt, Zachary Stevens, Jude Simpey, Rio Poleon, Tyrie Allen, Paris Mabanda, Masud Bangura, Timothy Laryea, Joshua Townsend.
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 3 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 4 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 5 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 6 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe where you live?
- 7 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhood scheme
- 8 Letters: Fighting to keep Wray Crescent Park available to all
- 9 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 10 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus