Football: Essex Road Giants get Five Guys treat
- Credit: Archant
The Essex Road Giants under-11 team had to settle for runners-up medals in the Islington & Camden League’s Challenge Cup final at Market Road.
But they were then treated to a free meal at Five Guys in Islington for getting through to their first final, having only been formed in September.
Beaten 3-2 in their big match, the squad were given complimentary fries and milkshakes by the restaurant to celebrate their achievements in their debut season.
A club spokesperson said: “The boys worked hard and gave 100 per cent at all times. They will continue to train hard and come back fighting for next season.
“Without the support of the Five Guys staff and management team we wouldn’t have been able to celebrate their hard work and achievement.
You may also want to watch:
“Coaches Lewis Yeboah and Ryan Hassan work hard to help each player reach their potential and build their confidence on and off the pitch. They’ve achieved so much.”
Squad: Mason Reefer-Jones, Rhys THomas, Devine Samuel, Samuel Opoku, Lucas Garcia, Jude Ikomoni, Sidney Tucker-Venitt, Zachary Stevens, Jude Simpey, Rio Poleon, Tyrie Allen, Paris Mabanda, Masud Bangura, Timothy Laryea, Joshua Townsend.
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 3 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 4 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 5 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 6 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 7 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 8 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 9 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 10 Eidevall says Arsenal put 'pressure on themselves' to deliver in big games