Football: Islington Admiral United survive scare to progress in Ken Doherty Memorial Cup
- Credit: Archant
Ken Doherty Memorial Cup: Islington Admiral United 3 Selale 3 (Islington Admiral United win 5-4 on penalties)
Islington Admiral United narrowly avoided a shock exit in the second round of the Ken Doherty Memorial Cup by beating Selale on penalties.
United scraped through despite trailing 3-1 with just fifteen minutes remaining, scoring two late goals to force a penalty shoot-out.
Admiral had started well, taking the lead on the half- hour mark, before being pegged back just prior to the interval as the sides went into the break level at 1-1.
Selale began the second half brightly and scored two goals to take the initiative in the match.
You may also want to watch:
Only a string of stops from Jason Hartles saved United side from a certain defeat.
Sam Donoghue and Altan Ceylan both found the net late on for Admiral to level the scores and force a penalty shoot-out.
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 3 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 4 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 5 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 6 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 7 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 8 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 9 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 10 Eidevall says Arsenal put 'pressure on themselves' to deliver in big games
Liam Magwood, Mariusz Serwin, Bradley Osborne, Donoghue and Andrew White all successfully converted their spot kicks to send Admiral through in the cup.