Football: Islington Admiral United survive scare to progress in Ken Doherty Memorial Cup
- Credit: Archant
Ken Doherty Memorial Cup: Islington Admiral United 3 Selale 3 (Islington Admiral United win 5-4 on penalties)
Islington Admiral United narrowly avoided a shock exit in the second round of the Ken Doherty Memorial Cup by beating Selale on penalties.
United scraped through despite trailing 3-1 with just fifteen minutes remaining, scoring two late goals to force a penalty shoot-out.
Admiral had started well, taking the lead on the half- hour mark, before being pegged back just prior to the interval as the sides went into the break level at 1-1.
Selale began the second half brightly and scored two goals to take the initiative in the match.
You may also want to watch:
Only a string of stops from Jason Hartles saved United side from a certain defeat.
Sam Donoghue and Altan Ceylan both found the net late on for Admiral to level the scores and force a penalty shoot-out.
- 1 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 2 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 3 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 4 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 5 Letters: Fighting to keep Wray Crescent Park available to all
- 6 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhood scheme
- 7 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 8 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 9 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 10 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
Liam Magwood, Mariusz Serwin, Bradley Osborne, Donoghue and Andrew White all successfully converted their spot kicks to send Admiral through in the cup.