Football: Islington & Camden boys hit rivals for six
- Credit: Archant
Islington & Camden district under-12s produced a superb second-half display to beat Hounslow 6-0.
They had a first-half effort ruled out for offside and then saw their keeper Ossi pull off a good save from a free-kick to keep the scoreline blank.
Manager Chris Mozo’s half-time team talk did the trick as Jayden opened the scoring within five minutes of the restart and Stephane added a second soon after.
Continuing to keep up the pressure, Islington moved 3-0 up when a corner was cleared only as far as Seyi, who let fly from 20 yards for a fine goal.
After that the Islington & Camden defence of Tyreese, Sheldon and Seyi shut the door on anything else that Hounslow had to offer.
You may also want to watch:
And with the visitors playing with lots of confidence, three more goals followed beore the final whistle.
Jayden got his second, before Oscar made it 5-0 after a good passing move and Sheldon completed the tally with a sixth late on.
- 1 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 2 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 3 Islington shooting victim named
- 4 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 7 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 8 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 9 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 10 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington