Football: Islington & Camden boys hit rivals for six
- Credit: Archant
Islington & Camden district under-12s produced a superb second-half display to beat Hounslow 6-0.
They had a first-half effort ruled out for offside and then saw their keeper Ossi pull off a good save from a free-kick to keep the scoreline blank.
Manager Chris Mozo’s half-time team talk did the trick as Jayden opened the scoring within five minutes of the restart and Stephane added a second soon after.
Continuing to keep up the pressure, Islington moved 3-0 up when a corner was cleared only as far as Seyi, who let fly from 20 yards for a fine goal.
After that the Islington & Camden defence of Tyreese, Sheldon and Seyi shut the door on anything else that Hounslow had to offer.
You may also want to watch:
And with the visitors playing with lots of confidence, three more goals followed beore the final whistle.
Jayden got his second, before Oscar made it 5-0 after a good passing move and Sheldon completed the tally with a sixth late on.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 5 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 6 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 Why Arsenal's Leah Williamson is perfect England captain?
- 10 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild