Football: New walking football sessions to start in Islington later this month
- Credit: The FA via Getty Images
Sessions to take place at Market Road ATPs every Tuesday and Sunday
People from across Islington are being encouraged to take part in new twice-weekly walking football sessions, which start later this month.
Organised by the London Football Association (LFA), the sessions will take place every Tuesday and Sunday from 10-11am at the Market Road ATPs (post code N7 9PL), with the first session on October 31.
There are no match, membership or registration fees involved, meaning those interested can turn up as and when they like, with prices starting at £3 per session.
The new sessions are in addition to the Arsenal in the Community Walking Football events that take place at the Arsenal Hub in Benwell Road every Sunday morning from 9.45-11am.
You may also want to watch:
“Walking football is open absolutely anyone – both men and women of all ages – who is interested in trying the sport,” said Lisa Pearce, chief executive officer of the LFA.
“It’s so easy to join in, all you need is yourself and a pair of trainers to play, plus the benefits are huge.”
For more information, visit www.londonfa.com/players/recreational-football/walking-football.
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 6 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 7 'It's crippling us': Islington's theatres and pubs disheartened by lockdown extension
- 8 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 9 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 10 Islington shooting victim named