Dubois set to return to ring in March
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Islington
Former Islington amateur Daniel Dubois will take to the ring for the first time in 2019 on March 3.
The heavyweight hope is due to co-headline a Frank Warren show at the Royal Albert Hall later this year.
The 21-year-old will face Romania’s Razvan Cojanu, who Dubois was due to meet in December before illness forced the Brit to pull out in the days leading up to the bout.
It means Dubois will face Cojanu having not fought since beating experienced American Kevin Johnson on points in October.
You may also want to watch:
That fight was the first time Dubois had been taken the distance in his pro career having won his previous eight bouts by way of knockout.
Dubois will hope to record another knockout success against Cojanu in March as hee looks for a fine start to ring life in 2019.
- 1 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 2 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 3 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 4 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 5 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 6 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 7 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 8 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
Also on the exciting Frank Warren bill are Liam Williams, Joe Mullender and Nicola Adams, with more names to be added.