Dubois set to return to ring in March
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Islington
Former Islington amateur Daniel Dubois will take to the ring for the first time in 2019 on March 3.
The heavyweight hope is due to co-headline a Frank Warren show at the Royal Albert Hall later this year.
The 21-year-old will face Romania’s Razvan Cojanu, who Dubois was due to meet in December before illness forced the Brit to pull out in the days leading up to the bout.
It means Dubois will face Cojanu having not fought since beating experienced American Kevin Johnson on points in October.
You may also want to watch:
That fight was the first time Dubois had been taken the distance in his pro career having won his previous eight bouts by way of knockout.
Dubois will hope to record another knockout success against Cojanu in March as hee looks for a fine start to ring life in 2019.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 7 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 8 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
Also on the exciting Frank Warren bill are Liam Williams, Joe Mullender and Nicola Adams, with more names to be added.