Former Islington amateurs continue professional careers
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Islington
Two former Islington boxers will continue their pro careers this Saturday when they compete on a British Warrior promotion at York Hall.
Former Islington club captain Jeffrey Ofori will be looking for a seventh straight win in the pro ranks when he faces lightweight rival Hamo Aperjan.
Cherrelle Brown, meanwhile, will bid for a third successive victory as a pro when she takes on Sylwia Maksym in a super lightweight fight.
*Former Islington BC amateur Daniel Dubois made it eight straight wins as a pro by stopping Hatfield’s Tom Little to win the English heavyweight title.
You may also want to watch:
Dubois was taken beyond three rounds for the first time, but stopped Little in the fifth at The O2.
*Jernair Thompson struck gold at the Haringey Box Cup with victory in the Senior B 64kg Group B category.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 8 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 9 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 10 Tony Eastlake: Man in court over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
Represting St Pancras BC, the Islington man beat Kings Heath’s Jag Briah in the final to triumph.