Former Islington amateurs continue professional careers
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Islington
Two former Islington boxers will continue their pro careers this Saturday when they compete on a British Warrior promotion at York Hall.
Former Islington club captain Jeffrey Ofori will be looking for a seventh straight win in the pro ranks when he faces lightweight rival Hamo Aperjan.
Cherrelle Brown, meanwhile, will bid for a third successive victory as a pro when she takes on Sylwia Maksym in a super lightweight fight.
*Former Islington BC amateur Daniel Dubois made it eight straight wins as a pro by stopping Hatfield’s Tom Little to win the English heavyweight title.
You may also want to watch:
Dubois was taken beyond three rounds for the first time, but stopped Little in the fifth at The O2.
*Jernair Thompson struck gold at the Haringey Box Cup with victory in the Senior B 64kg Group B category.
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 4 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 5 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 8 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn joins campaign to protect human right Article 25
- 10 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
Represting St Pancras BC, the Islington man beat Kings Heath’s Jag Briah in the final to triumph.