Former Islington Boxing Club star extends 100 per cent pro record
- Credit: Philip Sharkey/TGSPHOTO
Former Islington BC captain Aarron Morgan maintained his 100 per cent record with a fourth-round stoppage of Daniel Borisov at the Camden Centre, Kings Cross.
The 26-year-old light-middleweight has won all five of his professional contests inside the distance – and floored the Bulgarian no fewer than five times en route to victory.
Morgan forced the pace from the first bell, throwing left jabs to the body, and his opponent took a count at the end of the opening round, although it looked more like a slip than a knockdown.
It took the Londoner two rounds to work Borisov out but, by the third, he was landing powerful blows on target with some consistency and a right hook to the body sent the Bulgarian to the canvas again.
On rising, he was knocked down again immediately by a right hook to the head – and an identical shot at the beginning of the fourth round produced the same effect.
You may also want to watch:
It was only after Borisov had been dropped for the fifth time, this time by a thunderous left hook, that referee Jeff Hinds halted the contest with one minute and 23 seconds on the clock.
“He was very hard to get to,” Morgan told the Gazette. “At first he kept slipping out of range of my punches.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 2 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 5 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 10 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
“But, once I got close to him and started landing on target, it was a case of how long he could stay with me.”