Former Islington Boxing Club star extends 100 per cent pro record
- Credit: Philip Sharkey/TGSPHOTO
Former Islington BC captain Aarron Morgan maintained his 100 per cent record with a fourth-round stoppage of Daniel Borisov at the Camden Centre, Kings Cross.
The 26-year-old light-middleweight has won all five of his professional contests inside the distance – and floored the Bulgarian no fewer than five times en route to victory.
Morgan forced the pace from the first bell, throwing left jabs to the body, and his opponent took a count at the end of the opening round, although it looked more like a slip than a knockdown.
It took the Londoner two rounds to work Borisov out but, by the third, he was landing powerful blows on target with some consistency and a right hook to the body sent the Bulgarian to the canvas again.
On rising, he was knocked down again immediately by a right hook to the head – and an identical shot at the beginning of the fourth round produced the same effect.
You may also want to watch:
It was only after Borisov had been dropped for the fifth time, this time by a thunderous left hook, that referee Jeff Hinds halted the contest with one minute and 23 seconds on the clock.
“He was very hard to get to,” Morgan told the Gazette. “At first he kept slipping out of range of my punches.
- 1 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 4 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 5 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 6 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 7 Prince Edward visits youth centre in Islington
- 8 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 9 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 10 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
“But, once I got close to him and started landing on target, it was a case of how long he could stay with me.”