Former Islington Boxing Club star scores first-round knockout at York Hall
- Credit: Philip Sharkey/TGS Photo
Aarron Morgan made up for lost time with a stunning first-round knockout of Krisztian Santa to extend his unbeaten record at York Hall on Saturday.
The former Islington BC captain – who was originally scheduled to box early on a mammoth 19-bout Hellraiser/Warrior promotion – eventually entered the ring at 11.30pm.
But the contest proved to be a brief one as Morgan stopped the Hungarian after two minutes and 16 seconds to record his 11th straight victory since turning professional.
The Islington light-middleweight quickly forced his opponent onto the back foot, but Santa’s smart head movement initially prevented him from landing any telling blows.
That changed midway through the first round when the 28-year-old unleashed a left hook followed by a right hook to dump Santa on the canvas.
You may also want to watch:
Morgan then repeated the combination almost immediately, flooring his opponent for the second time and that convinced referee Reece Carter to call off the fight.
“I’ve now stopped eight out of 11 opponents and I’m pleased with my performance,” Morgan told the Gazette. “The sooner it’s over, the better!”
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Islington shooting victim named
- 5 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 8 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 Islington is getting a big name restaurant