Former Times ABC star targets improvement in Crawley clash
- Credit: Archant
Islington cruiserweight Joe Seabrook has vowed to raise his game this weekend when he makes his second appearance in the Queensbury Boxing League.
The 32-year-old, who won an ABA novices title during his amateur career with Times ABC and also represented London, will be lacing up the gloves at the K2 Arena, Crawley, on Saturday.
Seabrook made his league debut in October, when he triumphed against Mark Flatt – but he wants to show he is capable of more in his next outing against Brighton’s Lance Brade.
“It was nice to get back into competitive action in October and win my league debut, but now I’m ready to step it up another couple of levels and show people what I can really do,” said Seabrook, who trains around his full-time job as a plumber.
“It [the win in October] was my first fight back for a while and I boxed ok, but this time you will see a big difference in how I perform.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve shaken a bit of the ring rust off now and I feel my timing and movement are all coming back to me.
“My best attributes are my movement and my jab, and in this next fight I’m looking to use them against Brade to put on a good display.”
- 1 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 2 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 3 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 6 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 7 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 8 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 9 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 10 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
Seabrook, who has previously turned out as a footballer for Islington Admiral United and Queen’s Park Times at Market Road, is boxing as part of a 16-fight promotion entitled Only The Brave at Crawley. For tickets to watch him in action, call 07710 199 351.