Former Times ABC star targets improvement in Crawley clash
- Credit: Archant
Islington cruiserweight Joe Seabrook has vowed to raise his game this weekend when he makes his second appearance in the Queensbury Boxing League.
The 32-year-old, who won an ABA novices title during his amateur career with Times ABC and also represented London, will be lacing up the gloves at the K2 Arena, Crawley, on Saturday.
Seabrook made his league debut in October, when he triumphed against Mark Flatt – but he wants to show he is capable of more in his next outing against Brighton’s Lance Brade.
“It was nice to get back into competitive action in October and win my league debut, but now I’m ready to step it up another couple of levels and show people what I can really do,” said Seabrook, who trains around his full-time job as a plumber.
“It [the win in October] was my first fight back for a while and I boxed ok, but this time you will see a big difference in how I perform.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve shaken a bit of the ring rust off now and I feel my timing and movement are all coming back to me.
“My best attributes are my movement and my jab, and in this next fight I’m looking to use them against Brade to put on a good display.”
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
Seabrook, who has previously turned out as a footballer for Islington Admiral United and Queen’s Park Times at Market Road, is boxing as part of a 16-fight promotion entitled Only The Brave at Crawley. For tickets to watch him in action, call 07710 199 351.